MAṆḌĪ, a district town in Himāchal Pradesh, was formerly the capital of the princely state of that name. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh once visited it on the invitation of its ruler, Rājā Siddh Sen. The Gurū set up his camp outside the town. The ladies were escorted to the Rājā's palace. The shrine raised on the site of the Gurū's camp is called Gurdwārā Pāḍal Sāhib. Its present building was constructed in 1926 by Dīnā Nāth, chief secretary of the former Maṇḍī state. The site inside the palace honours the visit of the ladies.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)