MĀṄGĀ, 40 km southwest of Lahore along the Lahore-Multān highway, had a historic gurdwārā, Chhoṭā Nankāṇā, commemorating Gurū Nānak's visit. Gurū Hargobind, Nānak VI, also halted here on his way back from Kashmīr in 1620. Served by Nirmalā priest for generations, the shrine came under the management of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee during the Gurdwārā Reform movement, 1920-25. It had to be abandoned at the time of the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)