MANMĀḌ (20º-10'N, 74º-28'E), is a small town in the Nāsik district of Mahārāshṭra. It is a railway junction on the Central Railway, 260 km northeast of Bombay to which it is also connected by road, via Chandor and Deolālī. Pilgrims from the north coming to visit the Sikh shrines at Nāndeḍ change trains here. Gurdwārā Guptsar Sāhib was built at Manmāḍ by Sant Bābā Nidhān Singh in 1931, primarily for the pilgrims visiting Nāndeḍ. Tradition has grown over the years connecting the site with story of two Marāṭhā chiefs, Bālā Rāo and Rustam Rāo, of Jinvāḍā near Bidar, whose release from Satārā is said to have been secured miraculously by Gurū Gobind Siṅgh during the latter's stay at Nāndeḍ.
The Gurdwārā compound is entered through a simple double-storeyed gateway. To the left of the courtyard is the large dīvān hall, with a platform for the Gurū Granth Sāhib in the eastern part of it. The three-storeyed building has a central dome on top and smaller decorative domes at the corners. The walls of the hall are lined with white marble slabs with grey streaks up to mid- height. The walls further up are inlaid with multi-coloured glass pieces and reflecting mirrors arranged in geometrical patterns. The roof of the hall is made up of glazed tiles in different shades and the floor is paved with marble. Religious services are held morning and evening and the laṅgar is open almost all day and night. Pilgrims visit in large numbers at the time of Dussehrā and Holā Mahallā festivals.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)