MĀṆŪKE, village in Ludhiāṇā district, 13 km south of Jagrāoṅ (30º-47'N, 75º-28'E) is celebrated for its Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Dasvīṅ. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh, travelling from Lammāṅ Jaṭpurā towards Dīnā Kāṅgaṛ in December 1705, made a brief halt here under a pīpal tree which still exists at the back of the gurdwārā. The present gurdwārā building grew around a Mañjī Sāhib, a small domed room, constructed in 1923. A rectangular hall and a verandah on three sides of it, with a vaulted roof, were added later. An imposing new double-storeyed building as the gateway to the gurdwārā has been recently constructed. The gurdwārā is managed by a village committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)