MARDOṄ, 15 km south of Ambālā city (30º-23'N, 76º-47'E), claims a historical shrine called Gurdwārā Mardoṅ Sāhib Pātshāhī 9 ate 10. It is situated on the right bank of the river Ṭāṅgrī. Gurū Tegh Bahādur passed through this village during one of his preaching tours across the region, and Gurū Gobind Siṅgh visited it during his sojourn at Lakhnaur in 1670-71.
Gurdwārā buildings stand in the middle of an enclosure covering over an acre of land. The main shrine dedicated to the memory of Gurū Tegh Bahādur consists of a large flat-roofed hall, with the sanctum containing the Gurū Granth Sāhib in a smaller room within the hall. A separate low-domed small room commemorates the visit of Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. A local committee, under the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee, manages the shrines. A monthly fair takes place on amāvasyā.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)