MAṬṬŪ BHĀĪ KE, village in Gujrāṅwālā district of Pakistan, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind, who briefly halted here travelling back from Kashmīr in 1620. He exhorted the people to follow the path shown by Gurū Nānak, and preached especially against the use of tobacco. The shrine commemorating the Gurū's visit was called Khārā Sāhib or Gurdwārā Chhevīṅ Pātshāhī . It was affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee until 1947 when it had to be abandoned in the wake of migrations caused by the partition of the Punjab.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)