MAU, village 10 km west of Phillaur (31º-1'N, 75º-47'E) in the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Arjan, who was married here to (Mātā) Gaṅgā Devī, daughter of a local resident, Krishan Chand, on 22 Hāṛ 1646 Bk/19 June 1589. Gurdwārā Pātshāhī V, popularly known as Gurdwārā Mau Sāhib, raised in honour of Gurū Arjan, is located 1/2 km northwest of the village. The sanctum within the hall where the Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated has below it an underground room, called Bhorā Sāhib. The building is topped by a lotus dome, with a gold-plated pinnacle and an umbrella shaped finial. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. A three-day religious fair from 21 to 23 Hāṛ (first week of July) commemorates the anniversary of Gurū Arjan's marriage.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)