MIRZĀ SIṄGH (d. 1787), was son of Chūhaṛ Siṅgh, a Shergil Jaṭṭ. One of his ancestors, Chaudharī Sarvānī, had founded the village of Nausherā, also known as Rāipur Sarvānī, during the reign of Emperor Shāh Jahān and was permitted to hold it rent free as remuneration for collecting the revenue of the neighbouring districts. For generations, the family held the office of chaudharīat paying the revenue into the government treasury until Mirzā Siṅgh, about 1752, joined the Kanhaiyā misl under Sardārs Jai Siṅgh and Haqīqat Siṅgh, and received from them several villages as his share of the conquered territory. Mirzā Siṅgh died in 1787, and Haqiqat Siṅgh's son, Jaimal Siṅgh, resumed the major portion of his estates.
G. S. Nayyar