MUZAṄG, now part of Lahore in Pakistan, was, during the seventeenth century, a village about 2.5 km south of the old city. Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644) stopped here for some time during his visit to Lahore. Gurdwārā Chhevīṅ Pātshāhī, later built here to commemorate the Gurū's visit, was affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. On 12 August 1947, it suffered a mob attack in which several Sikhs attempting to defend it were killed . The shrine was abandoned in the aftermath of the partition of India.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)