NARĀIṆ SIṄGH, BHĀĪ (d. 1921), of Chakk No. 55 Burj in Lyallpur district, was originally from Navāṅ Viriāṅh in Amritsar district and had settled here as a colonizer after the opening of Lower Chenāb Canal Colony during the 1890's. He had learnt some Gurmukhī in the Gurdwārā of his old village and also knew Urdu. He set apart a room in his own house where Gurū Granth Sāhib was seated and a dīvān held regularly for morning and evening prayers led by himself. Later, he constructed another hall where marriage parties coming to the village could stay. He had himself registered with Bhāī Lachhmaṇ Siṅgh Dhārovālī as an Akālī volunteer, and was one of the jathā which was killed to a man on 20 February 1921.
Gurcharan Siṅgh Giānī