NĀRLĪ, village barely one kilometre from the Indo-Pakistan border in Amritsar district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Mañjī Sāhib which commemorates one of the māñjīs or preaching centres established by Gurū Amar Dās (1479-1574). The first preacher appointed here by the Gurū was Bhāī Māī Dās, a Vaisṇavite recluse converted to Sikhism. The present building constructed by the local saṅgat during the 1950's comprises a domed sanctum within a small dīvān hall. An old well and an old cot (mañjī, in Punjabi) are believed to have existed here since the time of Gurū Amar Dās. The shrine is administered by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.