PAKKĀ KALĀṄ, village 24 km south of Baṭhiṇḍā (30º-14'N, 74º-59'E), is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh, who broke journey here on his way from Jassī to Talvaṇḍī Sābo in 1706. The original shrine to the south-east of the village together with its landed property passed into private possession subsequent to the gurdwārā enactment of 1925. A new Gurdwārā, named Gurdwārā Jaṇḍ Sāhib Pātshāhī 10, constructed after the partition of the country in 1947, is located in the northern part of the village near an old jaṇḍ (Prosopis specigera) tree which is believed to have sprouted from a peg to which Gurū Gobind Siṅgh's horse had been fastened. It comprises a hall, with the 4-metre square sanctum at the far end. The shrine is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee and is managed by a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)