PARTĀP SINGH (d.1844), son of Buddh Siṅgh Randhāvā, rose to be a colonel in the army of Mahārājā Raṇjīt Siṅgh. His grand-father, Sāhib Siṅgh, who was the first in the family to have been initiated a Sikh about 1770, joined Jai Siṅgh, leader of the Kanhaiyā misl, and brought under his possession some thirty villages surrounding Kathū Naṅgal, in Amritsar district. He was survived by his two sons, Jīt Siṅgh and Buddh Siṅgh. Partāp Siṅgh's father, Buddh Siṅgh, tendered allegiance to Raṇjīt Siṅgh and served in his army, participating in campaigns in Hazārā, in the Yūsafzaī country and in Kashmīr. Partāp Siṅgh was given an assignment in the Ghoṛcha ṛhā Kalāṅ Regiment and was later appointed adjutant in the Pahūviṇḍīā Regiment. In 1840, he was promoted to the rank of commandant. In 1842, he was made a colonel and was granted a jāgīr worth Rs 1,000.
Partāp Siṅgh died heirless in 1844.
G. S. Nayyar