PUĀT, is an old village in Ludhiāṇā district, 8 km east of Māchhīvāṛā (30º-55'N,76º-12'E). Gurū Gobind Siṅgh passed through this village after quitting Chamkaur on the night of 7 December 1705, but there was no Sikh shrine constructed here. It was only after the migrations of 1947 that the villagers established a gurdwārā in one of the rooms of a residential house belonging to a Muslim emigrant. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated in this room and a Sikh pennant flies over it.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)