RAILĪ, a small village 12 km from Sirhind (30º- 37'N, 76º -23'E) in Fatehgaṛh Sāhib district, claims a historical shrine dedicated to the Ninth Gurū. Before 1947 Railī was predominantly a Muslim village, with only a few Kamboj Sikh families. These Sikhs maintained a platform as a memorial to Gurū Tegh Bahādur's visit. The present Gurdwārā was built in the early 1950's. It has a square hall with a low platform in the middle as the sanctum. The Gurdwārā is managed by a village committee in which members of the old Kamboj families take a leading role.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)