RĀJO MĀJRĀ, a village 6 km west of Dhūrī (30º-22'N, 75º-53'E) in Saṅgrūr district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine.Gurdwārā Nauviṅ Pātshāhī , commemorating the visit of Gurū Tegh Bahādur, situated about 200 metres east the village, comprises a Mañjī Sāhib constructed by Mahārājā Karam Siṅgh (1798-1845) of Paṭiālā, with a hall later raised by Sant Atar Siṅgh (1866-1927) of Mastūāṇā. The old well sunk during the time of the Mahārājā is still in use. A sarovar and a new hall, with a square sanctum in the middle, have been added recently. The Gurdwārā is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee but, for the present, the control has been passed on the followers of the late Sant Gurmukh Siṅgh for further development of the complex.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)