RALLĀ, village 14 km north of Mānsā (29º-59'N, 75º-23'E) in Baṭhiṇḍā district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who visited it during his travels across southeastern Punjab. The shrine established to commemorate the visit was for a long time controlled by anchorites of the Nāth cult. It was only after 1947 that the local Sikh saṅgat assumed possession and converted it into a gurdwārā named Gurdwārā Sāhib Pātshāhī IX. The present building, completed on 7 September 1953, consists of a flat-roofed hall, with a verandah on three sides and a few ancillary rooms across a brick-paved compound. The shrine is administered by a local committee under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)