RĀṆĪ MĀJRĀ, a village in Patiālā district, 16 km northeast of Ambālā city (30º-23'N, 76º-47’E), claims a historical shrine dedicated to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh who, according to local tradition, came here as a child from Lakhnaur. A simple platform, constructed where the Gurū had halted about 200 metres north of the village, was replaced in 1958 by the present Gurdwārā. An old well near by still exists. The complex includes a hall with a square sanctum in the middle of it, and rooms for the granthī and the Gurū kā Laṅgar. The Gurdwārā has 11 acres of land donated to it and is managed by a village committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)