RAQBĀ, village 18 km east of Jagrāoṅ (30º-47N, 75º -28'E) in Ludhiāṇā district, has a historical shrine in memory of Gurū Hargobind, who travelled in these parts in 1632-33. The shrine is called Damdamā Sāhib Pātshāhī VI, and is located in a walled shady grove half a kilometre north of the village. As tradition has it, an old woman from the neighbouring village of Dākhā came to Gurū Hargobind, as he was in camp here, with an offering of coarse bread made of mixed flour of wheat and gram. The Gurū, impressed with the devotion of the simple lady, ate it with relish. The present building of the Gurdwārā, a domed sanctum and a rectangular hall, was constructed in 1936 by Sant Ajaib Siṅgh of Bopārāi. A sarovar was dug in 1972, and the Gurū kā Laṅgar and a residential block were added in 1977. The Gurdwārā is managed by Nihaṅg Sikhs of the Buddhā Dal. Devotees from the surrounding villages gather in large numbers for the monthly dīvān and community meal on the first of every Bikramī month.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)