RAUṆĪ, village 22 km southwest of Khannā (30º-42'N, 76º-13'E) in Ludhiāṇā district of the Punjab, has a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Sri Gurū Hargobind Sāhib, commemorating the visit of Gurū Hargobind. Foundation of the present building, which replaced an old memorial platform, was laid on 11 Maghar 1976 Bk/ 25 November 1919. Standing on a metre-high paved platform, it consists of a sanctum in the middle of a 17-metre square hall with verandah around it. Above the sanctum is a square room topped by a domed pavilion having a gold-plated pinnacle and a khaṇḍā as finial. There are decorative domed kiosks at the corners of the verandah. The Gurdwārā stands in the centre of a one acre compound entered through a gateway with an elongated dome above it. The Gurdwārā managed by the village saṅgat provides accommodation for pilgrims as well as for a high school run by government.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)