ROHṬĀ, village 4 km north east of Nābhā (30º-22'N, 76º-9'E) in Paṭiālā district, is sacred to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who visited it in the course of a journey through the Mālvā country. Sikhs belonging to the weaver community of the village established a platform to commemorate the event. The Mañjī Sāhib later constructed was replaced by a modern building in 1920. The present complex consists of a square hall with the sanctum in the middle. The sanctum, with massive rectangular pillars and arches and alcoves, has a large dome. The exterior of the hall is decorated with octagonal pilasters. Largely attended gatherings take place on every full moon day. All major Sikhs anniversaries are observed. The Gurdwārā is administered by Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)