RUPĀṆĀ, village 7 km south of Muktsar (30º -29'N, 74º -31'E) in Muktsar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh who, according to local tradition, arrived here on 28 Baisākh 1762/25 April 1706 after the battle of Khidrāṇā, now Muktsar. Gurdwārā Gurūsar Pātshāhī X, commemorating the visit, stands in the centre of a low lying area, now a vast perennial pond owing to water logging. It is reached through a cause way built in 1971. The ground floor of the rectangular building is closed because of dampness. The domed sanctum is at the far end of the hall on the first floor. The Gurdwārā owns 10 acres of land and is under the control of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)