SAḌHAURĀ, an old town 43 km east of Ambālā (30º-23'N, 76º-47'E) in Haryāṇā, has a place in Sikh piety, being the seat of Sayyid Shāh Badr ud-Dīn, commonly known as Pīr Buddhū Shāh, a Muslim saint who became a devotee of Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Pīr Buddhū Shāh took the part of the Gurū in the battle of Bhaṅgāṇī in which two of his sons and several followers laid down their lives. While stopping over at Kapāl Mochan on his way back from Pāoṇṭā to Anandpur in 1688, Gurū Gobind Siṅgh visited the Pīr at Sāḍhaurā. The Pīr was later executed by the local faujdār, Usmān Khān, for his liberal views and for the help given by him to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Bābā Bandā Siṅgh Bahādur avenged the Pīr's death when he invested Saḍhaurā in 1710. The fortress was completely demolished, the faujdār was hanged, and the town was plundered.
A shrine, known as Gurdwārā Bābā Bandā Bahādur inside the ruined fort, crumbled down and a new Gurdwārā was constructed close to the fort wall. It retains its old name, although two variations--- Quilā Gurdwārā and Gurdwārā Qatalgaṛh--- are also current. Another gurdwārā has recently been constructed at SaḌhaurā in honour of Pīr Buddū Shāh.Gurdwārā Pīr Buddhā Shāh is looked after by the local Siṅgh Sabhā, whereas Gurdwārā Bābā Bandā Bahādur is managed privately.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)