SĀHIB CHAND, village 11 km northeast of Giddaṛbāhā (30º-12'N, 74º-39'E) in Farīdkoṭ district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh (1666-1708). Gurdwārā Pātshāhī X, marking the site where the Gurū had stopped awhile when travelling through these parts in 1706, stands on the bank of a pond at the northwestern edge of the village. The present building constructed in 1960 comprises a 4-metre square sanctum, with a hall in front. The hall is skirted by a verandah on three sides. The Gurdwārā owns some farming land and is managed by a local committee under the overall control of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)