SĀHVĀ, a village in Churū district of Rājasthān, 40 km southwest of Bhādrā (29º-10 N, 75º-15'E), is referred to as Suhevā in Sikh chronicles and is popularly called Suhāvā Sāhib. Gurū Gobind Siṅgh while travelling from the Punjab to the South in October-November 1706 arrived here from Nohar via Sūrpur along the old cart-road which still exists. He established his camp near the eastern bank of a pond. Param Siṅgh and Dharam Siṅgh, sons of Bhāī Rūp Chand, used to make the Gurū's bed at every stage of the journey. Not finding a suitable cot here, they improvised a bedstead with tree branches and wild grass. They were blessed by the Gurū for their service and devotion. Near the Gurū's camp there stood an old jaṇḍ tree through which had sprouted a pīpal. The Gurū remarked that as the pīpal tree overgrew the rough, thorny jaṇḍ, the Khālsā would prosper. At present only the old pīpal tree stands. It was probably during his stay here that the Gurū visited Bhādrā. A platform was constructed on the spot consecrated by the Gurū's stay, and was looked after by a local devotee, Daulat Rām, and his descendants till 1873 when a Punjabi Sikh, Rām Siṅgh, settled here as a permanent granthī. The Mahārājā of Paṭiālā sanctioned a jāgīr in 1882, which continued till 1951. The cornerstone for the present building was laid on the Ist of Baisākh 1942 Bk/ 11 April 1885. In 1966 Bābā Baghel Siṅgh, a kār-sevāvāle activist acquired it from Mahant Harnām Siṅgh (d.7 May 1976). The principal annual festival is the birth anniversary of Gurū Nānak when Sikhs from the surrounding area come to pay homage at this gurdwārā.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)