SARHĪṆĀ, village l5 km from Mogā (30º-48'N, 75º-10'E) in Mogā district, has a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ. In 1631, when Gurū Hargobind was staying with his brother-in-law, Sāīṅ Dās, at Ḍaraulī, his first wife, Dāmodarī, fell seriously ill. Her parents Bhāī Narāiṇ Dās and Mātā Dayā Kaur, on receipt of this information, set out from their village, Ḍallā, in the Doābā, for Ḍarauli. As they arrived at Sarhīṇā, hardly 6 km short of Ḍaraulī, they learnt that not only Dāmodarī, but their elder daughter, Rāmo, and her husband Sāīṅ Dās, had also died. This was more than the old couple could bear and they died of shock. Gurū Hargobind had their bodies carried to Ḍaraulī for cremation. At Sarhīṇā, the villagers established a small shrine in memory of the Gurū and his parents-in-law. The present building, a rectangular hall including within it an octagonal domed sanctum, was constructed in 1944. A bāolī was added in 1956. The Gurdwārā is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee and is managed by the local saṅgat.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)