SIDDHVĀṄ KALĀṄ, village 7 km northeast of Jagrāoṅ (30º-47'N, 75º-28'E) in Ludhiāṇā district, is sacred to Gurū Hargobind who halted here awhile during his journey across the Mālvā country in 1631. The Gurū encamped under a pīpal tree near a pond to the north of the village. Bhāī Mansā Rām established on the site a simple shrine which was replaced in 1938 by a small octagon-shaped domed room with a circumambulatory passage around it. This structure still forms the sanctum where the Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated, with an additional hall constructed later. The old pīpal tree stands in the circumambulatory passage at the back of the sanctum. Devotees make offerings of milk here on every tenth day of the light half of the lunar month. A double-storeyed gateway has been added and the Gurū kā Laṅgar reconstructed in recent years. A part of the village pond has also been reclaimed and coverted into a sarovar. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee. The most important celebration of the year is 3-day festival held on 16, 17 and 18 Sāvan (first week of August) to commemorate Gurū Hargobind's visit to the village.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)