SIṄGHPURĀ, a village 5 km south of Bārāmūlā (34º-13'N, 74º-23'E) in Kashmīr valley, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Chhevīṅ Pātshāhī Thaṛhā Sāhib, dedicated to Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644), whose visit it commemorates. According to local tradition, a Muslim Faqīr, Bahlol, served the Gurū here and received his blessing. A memorial platform (thaṛhā, in Punjabi) established here was later developed into a gurdwārā. The present building, a marble floored domed room with a covered circumambulatory passage, was raised by the Sikh poet and savant Bhāī Vīr Siṅgh during the 1930's. The Gurdwārā was formerly under the control of the Chief Khālsā Dīwān, but is now managed by the Jammū and Kāshmīr Gurdwārā Prabandhak Board through its district unit at Bārāmūlā.