SIRHĀLĪ KALĀṄ, commonly pronouned Sarhālī Kalāṅ (31º-17'N, 74º-56'E), a village 6 km east of Paṭṭī in Amritsar district of the Punjab, is sacred to Gurū Arjan (1563-1606), who once stayed here for a while along with his family. Gurdwārā Chubachchā Sāhib commemorating the visit stands inside the village. Its present building, constructed during the 1950's by followers of Sant Gurmukh Siṅgh Sevāvāle, has in the basement a chubachchā, a circular masonry trough used for storing water, which marks the site where the Gurū had stayed and which gives the shrine its name. The sanctum is a raised platform at the far end of the marble-floored hall built over the Chubachchā Sāhib. Above the sanctum is a domed room topped by a gilded pinnacle. Gurū kā Laṅgar and residential accommodation are in the backyard of the one-acre compound. The Gurdwārā owns 25 acres of arable land and is administered by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.