SOTRĀṄ, village one km north of Baṅgā (31º-11'N, 76ºE) in Nawāshahr district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine called Gurdwārā Gurplāh Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ, dedicated to Gurū Hargobind who stayed here briefly under a plāh tree (Butia fondosa) on his way from Kartārpur to Kīratpur early in 1635. The present building, which replaced an old modest structure, was constructed in 1965 under the supervision of Sant Sevā Siṅgh Anandpurvāle. Situated in a walled compound entered through a tall gateway, it comprises a square marble-floored hall with the sanctum in the middle. Over the sanctum are two storeys of square rooms topped by a dome with a gold-plated pinnacle. Gurū kā Laṅgar is at the back of the hall. An old well in the southwest corner of the Gurdwārā is believed to have existed since before the time of Gurū Hargobind's visit. The Gurdwārā is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee. Besides the daily services and observance of major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar, a largely-attended religious fair is held annually on 20 Hāṛ, usually corresponding to 3 July.