SŪLHAR, a village 10 km south west of Ambālā city (30º-23'N, 76º-47'E), was visited by Gurū Gobind Siṅgh during his stay at Lakhnaur in 1670-71. Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Dāsvīṅ, which honours the Gurū's memory, stands on a high base on the bank of a deep pond to the northwest of the village. It consists of a double-storeyed domed building to which a rectangular hall was added in 1951. The management is in the hands of a local committee which is affiliated to the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Prabandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)