ṬAHILPURĀ, a small village in the interior of Fatehgaṛh Sāhib district was visited by Gurū Tegh Bahādur in the course of one of his journeys through the Mālvā region. A small raised platform marked the spot where he had put up. Later some Nirmalā sadhus established a place of worship and installed the Gurū Granth Sāhib. Afterwards, Mahārājā Karam Siṅgh of Paṭiālā (1798-1845) had a Mañjī Sāhib constructed here which still exists. At the back of the Mañ̇jī Sāhib there is an old pīpal tree which is believed to have existed since the time of Gurū Tegh Bahādur's visit. The Gurdwārā is maintained by the village saṅgat.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)