TAPĀ, a small market town 19 km southwest of Barnālā (30º-22'N, 75º-32'E) in Saṅgrūr district of the Punjab, claims a historical shrine, Gurdwārā ṭibbā Sāhib Pātshāhī IX, dedicated to Gurū Tegh Bahādur. The old building constructed by Mahārājā Karam Siṅgh (1798-1845) of Paṭiālā has since been replaced by a more spacious complex raised by Bābā Narāiṇ Siṅgh Monī, who also has continued to manage it. The central building is a rectangular hall, with canopied seats for the Holy Volumes. Gurū kā Laṅgar is near the entrance gate, and a small walled sarovar just outside the compound. Besides the daily prayers and kīrtan, largely attended assemblies take place on the first of each Bikramī month. All major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar are observed.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)