TASIMBLĪ, a village in Paṭiālā district, 13 km northeast of Ambālā city (30º-23'N, 76º-47'E), claims a historical shrine, Gurdwārā Pātshāhī IX, dedicated to Gurū Tegh Bahādur, who visited it during one of his travels through this territory. Only a platform in a small room with a Sikh flag, existed on the eastern outskirts of the village until the present building was constructed in 1952. The Gurdwārā now consists of a sanctum within a hall. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated in the sanctum inside the hall. The Gurdwārā is managed by a local committee, under the auspices of the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)