TRIPTĀ, MĀTĀ, mother of Gurū Nānak, was the daughter of Bhāī Rāmā and Māī Bharāī of Chāhal village near Lahore. According to Bhāī Manī Siṅgh's Janam Sākhī, Mātā Triptā died at Kartārpur (Rāvī) soon after the death, in 1522, of her husband, Bābā Kālū.
See KALIĀṆ CHAND, BĀBĀ
- Macauliffe, Max Arthur, The Sikh Religion : Its Gurus, Sacred Writings and Authors. Oxford, 1909
- Grewal, J.S., Guru Nanak in History. Chandigarh, 1969
- McLeod, W.H., tr., The B40 Janam-Sakhi. Amritsar, 1980
- Kohlī, Surindar Siṅgh, ed., Janam Sākhī Bhāī Bālā. Chandigarh, 1975
- Vīr Siṅgh, Bhāī, ed., Purātan Janam Sākhī. Amritsar, 1971
- Giān Siṅgh, Giānī, Twārīkh Gurū Khālsā. Patiala 1970