UGĀṆĪ, a small village 10 km from Rājpurā (30º-28N, 76º-3TE), in Paṭiālā district, has its twin shrines dedicated to Gurū Tegh Bahādur and Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. Both are located in the same building, constructed by Mahārājā Karam Siṅgh of Paṭiālā (1798-1845). The Gurdwārā comprises three small rooms in a row. The rooms on the sides have low domes above them and low platforms within. The one on the right is dedicated to Gurū Tegh Bahādur; the next building is dedicated to Gurū Gobind Siṅgh. The Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated in the flat-roofed room in the middle. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)