UṚĪ, an old town 54 km southwest of Bārāmūlā (34º-13'N, 74º-23'E) at the western end of the Kashmīr valley, was visited by Gurū Hargobind (1595-1644) on his way from Bārāmūlā to Nalūchhī (now in Pakistan occupied territory). Gurdwārā Pātshāhī Chhevīṅ Param Pillāṅ commemorating the visit is situated 6 km east of Uṛī and marks the site where, according to local tradition, the Gurū held a discourse with some Muslim holy men. A small Gurdwārā built by Sardār Harī Siṅgh Nalvā, the celebrated general of Sikh times, was reconstructed in 1983. The present building is a rectangular hall, with the sanctum at the far end. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Jammū and Kashmīr Gurdwārā Board through its district committee at Bārāmūlā.