VAḌḌĀ GHAR, village 19 km southwest of Mogā (30º-48'N, 75º-10'E) in the Punjab is sacred to Gurū Hargobind, who arrived here from Ḍaraulī in 1634 staying here for five days before setting out on an extensive journey across the Mālvā region. A memorial platform was later constructed on the site where he had encamped. The present Gurdwārā Mañjī Sāhib Chhevīṅ Pātshāhī, raised in 1921, is a modest sized hall with the sanctum in the middle where the Gurū Granth Sāhib is seated. In the compound in front of the hall is the Gurū kā Laṅgar. The sarovar is close by, to the south of the main building. The Gurdwārā is managed by the Shiromaṇī Gurdwārā Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Major Gurmukh Siṅgh (Retd.)